Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Forced Post- okay, it came out smoothly eventually

Boy, it’s really hard to write something when I don’t feel like it! But… I made a commitment to post an update/new entry every week. So… here I am!

Last week was a good week. I’m getting my bearings in my position, and feel like I have some direction. I have a couple of good leads into the community, one of which is a friend from Highland Park. His knowledge of the town of Long Branch will be an excellent way for me to be introduced to some key community leaders.

The biggest topic of interest in Long Branch right now is that of eminent domain. There have been a couple of cases, at least one receiving national attention, regarding eminent domain. People on both sides of the issue are very passionate. I am still pretty ignorant about the issue, but I feel this may be a place where the church can play a healing role. I should start researching this issue. Hmmm…

It isn’t easy to move, start classes, AND start a new job all in the same month, let alone the same week! There are moments when I feel overwhelmed (one of those came just a couple hours ago!), but then I remind myself that I can’t let these HUGE tasks take over. These will be ongoing efforts, that are really, much bigger than I am!

Bobby and Maria began moving out this past weekend. I am very happy for them to have found a house they can call their own! That’s a big step in anyone’s life (God knows if I’ll ever have a house of my own :-P)! They are still moving, and I hate to be anxious for them to be out, but once they have completely moved out, I can begin to settle! People in general work at the top of their game when they are settled and organized- and I for one fall at the top of that list! My work and living area may not always be meticulously put together, but at least I know where things are- it’s organized in my head!

Well, that’s about all I can force out for now! Classes are going VERY well! I’m really enjoying each of them- especially my Independent Study. I’m just having a blast with it! Katie says I’m a nerd… yeah. I really am! Speaking of which, she comes out for a long weekend visit on Thursday! I’m just a little excited :)

1 comment:

KTB said...

I am just a little excited as well! :)